All our skin checks are conducted by fully-qualified and experienced doctors who are specially trained in the diagnosis and management of Skin Cancer.
Because we take great care and time to fully investigate your skin. We offer full range of non-surgical and surgical treatments appropriate to your needs.
- Our Skin & Skin Cancer Services include:
- Full body skin checks
- Spot checks and digital monitoring of spots
- Surgical procedures:
- All types of biopsy procedures
- Excision of lesions including moles, skin cancers, cysts, and general lumps and bumps
- Surgical removal of lesions – including skin cancers – and repair with Skin Flap
- Surgery or other techniques such as Split-thickness or Full-thickness Skin Grafts
- Non-Surgical skin cancer treatments:
- Cryotherapy (also known as cold therapy) that uses ultra-cold liquid to treat Skin Cancer lesions, pre-cancerous spots and warts.
- Topical Skin Cancer treatments using treatments such as Efudix© and Aldara©
- Daylight Photodynamic therapy – a form of non surgical skin cancer treatment
- Corrective surgical procedures (some may be covered by Medicare rebates):
- Corrective cosmetic ear lobe surgery
- Removal of large birthmarks by excision
- Scarless Mole removal using a specialist Radiofrequency technique
Some skin cancers present as clinically obvious, but others may be more inconclusive. In these cases, skin biopsies – which include shave biopsies, punch biopsies and excisional biopsies – will be performed to provide further information from pathology analysis. These procedures are often performed at the time of your initial clinic appointment.
All skin biopsies and specimens collected are sent out will be evaluated by a qualified dermatopathologist – a pathologist who specialises in diagnosing disorders of the skin.
Moles that are suspicious for melanoma, as well as moles which need to be removed for other reasons, can be removed surgically. This procedure is typically performed at the clinic, but due to space and time constraints, an additional appointment may be scheduled for a future date to conduct these.
Skin Cancer Surgery & Treatment
Skin cancers can be removed surgically will be attended to in our office as all our doctors specialise in all the techniques required for the removal of skin cancers, including standard surgical excision, electro-dissication and curettage. Where appropriate, other non-surgical treatments of skin cancer will also be discussed with you including radiation, cryotherapy and topical chemotherapy.
After a skin cancer is removed, our staff are well trained to repair the resulting wound. This may include the use of reconstructive surgery when necessary. Speak to our qualified staff about how and when this is appropriate in your case.
Scar revision can also be performed at our clinics to enhance the appearance of a scar resulting from any surgery. Speak to our staff about your options.
Cryotherapy with Liquid Nitrogen
Cryotherapy – or ‘freezing’ with liquid nitrogen – is an effective way to treat several skin conditions, including Actinic Keratoses which are commonly known as ‘pre-skin cancers’.
Modern technology is creating several new methods of dealing with skin cancer, such as non-surgical treatments like topical chemotherapy or immunotherapy. These options are only appropriate for certain tumor sub-types – but they can be an excellent treatment option when indicated.